Why Voice Over IP?
By implementing VoIP as a replacement for traditional telephony services, businesses could potentially benefit from a reduction in their overall operational costs. Potential savings will vary from business to business but a quick estimate can be derived through considering the following points:
- VoIP Calls are billed by the second and have no connection charges like traditional phone calls
- VoIP calls between company phone extensions are free. Any worker with a connection to the internet can have a company phone extension such as a mobile worker or a remote office
- VoIP call charges are generally much cheaper than traditional phone charges
- SIP lines to the Central Office are less expensive than traditional connectivity
- Multiple inbound virtual numbers can be configured over a single internet connection, therefore allowing a business to reduce the number of traditional phone lines required to operate the telephone service
- On new sites and relocations, only one cable is required to each desk levering the convergence of voice over your data network.
- Reduced costs to move telephones as IP Telephones can be plugged in anywhere on the network just like a laptop without calling a technician to move the set.
- Since sets are now supported by Licenses and not hardware, ongoing Hardware maintenance is reduced and there and there is no need to continue to purchase add on modules for new sets each time you grow.
For more detailed information on how VOIP works, call us at 613-866-4584. Make the change today, and NuEdge will make it simple. We provide all your structured cabling, installation and programming of your phone system, as well as maintenance – we’ve got you covered. Give us a call, or request a quote now! We’d be happy to sit down with you at your convenience and discuss all your communication needs.